Guided Walk across the Brecon Beacons
- Monday 28 October, 2019 – 10.00 am
- Brecon Beacons Mountain Centre, Libanus, LD3 8ER to Penpont
- Tickets: £10 (advance booking essential)
- Dydd Llun 28 Hydref, 2019 – 10.00 am
- Canolfan Ymwelwyr Parc Cenedlaethol Bannau Brycheiniog i Penpont
- Tocynnau: £10 (archebu ymlaen llaw)
A guided walk across the Brecon Beacons led by a former National Park Warden. Take in the Beacons’ flora, fauna and ancient sites, ending at Penpont House and its beautiful grounds on the River Usk.
We will ask all ticket buyers to provide confirmation that they have read and can comply with the walk details and requirements below.
The walk will start at the Brecon Beacons National Park Visitor Centre, Libanus, Brecon, LD3 8ER, at 10.00 am Monday 28th October.
The walk will take 2½ - 3 hours, and is approximately 5 miles long, finishing at Penpont House where an optional light lunch (soup, rolls, cake, tea / coffee) will be available at a cost of £12, to be paid for at Penpont. Lunch is not included in the ticket price.
Our walk will take place on open moorland, fields and rough tracks, possibly muddy in places. A number of stiles will be encountered during the walk. It is essential to be well prepared. Appropriate equipment should include:
- Walking boots
- Hat and gloves
- Warm clothing (including extra clothing such as a jacket or fleece)
- A waterproof jacket and trousers (jeans are not acceptable – they can get very cold when wet and can cause hypothermia)
- Something warm to drink if needed
- Water to drink
- A rucksack to hold any extras needed
Walk leaders will carry emergency equipment.
The car parking charge at the National Park Visitor Centre is £2.50 and is not included in the ticket price.
A minibus will be provided to return walkers from Penpont House to the Visitor Centre to collect cars. Departures will be at approximately 2.30 to 3pm.
Advance booking is essential for this as numbers are restricted.
Tickets £10. This includes admission to the garden and grounds at Penpont where you are welcome to spend time after lunch.